Amber K. Boyd Attorney at Law Can Protect Your Rights
Indiana Age Discrimination Lawyer
If you are an employee who is over the age of 40, the law protects you from age-based employment discrimination. The Federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects older Indiana employees from age discrimination.
What does age discrimination look like?
If you have been the victim of age bias at your place of work, you should not hesitate to talk to an age discrimination lawyer in Indiana about your situation and your rights. Age discrimination can be very subtle, so if you have a feeling that your employee rights have been violated, it is wise to talk to a lawyer.
The following are some examples of age-based employment discrimination:
- Pressuring an older employee to retire whether by constantly asking when he or she plans to do so or by threatening to fire the employee if he or she does not retire
- Forcing an older employee to retire
- Cutting older employees with the highest salaries before younger employees
- Promoting a younger person rather than the older worker
- Making comments about wanting “fresh faces” or “youthful energy” in the office
- Refusing to hire an otherwise qualified employee based on his or her age
- The boss consistently socializes with younger workers or gives them the best job opportunities, or otherwise displays a preference against older employees
- Not permitting an older employee to learn new skills or attend training
Amber K. Boyd Attorney at Law is a premier discrimination law firm in Indiana. We are committed to protecting our clients and we know how to aggressively promote their rights. To learn more about us or to schedule a consultation, Contact, Amber K. Boyd Attorney at Law.